- Trip Outline
- Fine Prints
Cochin – Munnar – Thekkaddy – Kumarakom – Alleppey – Kovalam – Trivandrum
- Cochin- City Tour
- Munnar – Tata Tea Museum, Eravikulam National park, Mattupetty Dam, & Kundale Lake
- Kumarakom – Lake Vembanad & paddy fields.
- Alleppey – House Boat & backwaters
- Kovalam – Beach resort
- Kovalam – Visit Vivekananda Rock Memorial, Evening sunset where three oceans combine
- Trivandrum – Temple of Sri Padmanabhaswamy, Napier Museum & Sri Chitra art gallery.
Depart for DelhiBoard your flight for Delhi. On arrival at Indira Gandhi international airport, meet and greet by our representative. Later, assistance and transfer to hotel near airport. Overnight in Delhi. Meals: In-flight meal
Dehli - CochinBreakfast and transfer to airport for the domestic flight to Cochin International Airport. Upon arrival meet & greet our local representative and head towards your hotel (Check in after 3 pm). In the afternoon, proceed for a city tour of Cochin and visit the Dutch Palace (closed on Friday) at Mattancherry, the Jewish Synagogue (closed on Friday and Saturday), St. Francis Church (closed on Sunday) which is the oldest European church in India, the Santa Cruz Basilica originally built in 1557 by the Portuguese, Chinese fishing nets which are believed to have been brought by Chinese traders and finally, the Willingdon Island, named after Lord Willingdon, which is now the headquarters of the Southern Naval Command of India. Meals: Breakfast
Cochin - MunnarToday after breakfast, depart for Munnar by road. Munnar is surrounded by lush green-carpeted tea and coffee plantations and is a picturesque hill station situated in the eastern part of Kerala. Later in the afternoon you visit the Tata Tea Museum (closed on Monday), which houses an interesting array of relics and artefacts. Meals: Breakfast
MunnarAfter breakfast, visit the Eravikulam National park (closed from February to April) in Rajamalai and home to the largest population of the endangered Nilgiri Tahr (wild goats). Later that afternoon, travel to top Station which is perched on a ridge and has an interesting view of the ruins of the old ropeway station that linked the foothills to the tea estates, along the way, see the Mattupetty Dam, the Kundale Lake and the Echo point. Meals: Breakfast
Munnar – Thekkady - PeriyarThis morning after breakfast, drive to Thekkady experience the spectacle of rolling tea and cardamom plantations and savour the rich fragrance of cinnamon and cloves. Thekkady is situated 2800 ft. above sea level. Visit Periyar which is South India’s most popular wildlife sanctuary. Meals: Breakfast
Thekkaddy – KumarakomDrive to Kumarakom, the heart of the famous backwaters of Kerala. After lunch, spend the afternoon just watching the sun go down from the middle of the Lake Vembanad or explore the area on foot to a local village set amidst paddy fields. Meals: Breakfast
Kumarakom – AlleppeyAn early morning visit can be made to the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary. After breakfast, proceed to Alleppey. And embark on an exciting 21-hour houseboat cruise. Board the traditional houseboat and start the long and meandering ride through the unique backwaters of Kerala. You spend a night on the houseboat where you can catch your own fish from the backwaters and can ask the chef to cook it. Meals: Breakfast
Alleppey – KovalamToday morning, disembark from the houseboat at Alleppey and will be transferred to Kovalam. Upon arrival, check into your hotel (Beach hotel – Subject to availability). The rest of the day is free at leisure to enjoy the beach. Meals: Breakfast
Kovalam – Kanyakumari - KovalamToday enjoy a full day trip to Kanyakumari, famous for its brilliant sunsets and sunrises. It is India’s ‘land’s’ end at the confluence of the Indian Ocean, Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal. Visit Vivekananda Rock Memorial which was built in memory of Swami Vivekananda, the Indian philosopher who meditated and transformed into a spiritual leader. Kanyakumari is the only place in India where one can watch the sun set and moon rise simultaneously on a full moon evening. In the evening return to Kovalam. Meals: Breakfast
Kovalam – Trivandrum - KovalamMorning depart for an interesting drive to Trivandrum. In the afternoon, you embark on a sightseeing tour visiting the ancient temple of Sri Padmanabhaswamy, Napier Museum which was built in 1880 and shows a harmonious blending of Kerala, Mughal, Chinese and Italian architectural styles. Later you visit the Sri Chitra art gallery which has a good collection of Tanjore, Mughal, and Rajput art. Meals: Breakfast
Kovalam – Trivandrum DepartAfter breakfast, depending on your time of your return flight, you will be transferred to Trivandrum airport for your return flight. Meals: Breakfast, In-flight meal
Home ArriveYou will arrive home today Meals: In-flight meals
- Return International flights from Australia
- Domestic flights in India
- Accommodation and breakfast in the category chosen or similar (subject to availability)
- Meals as mentioned in the program
- All local boat rentals as mentioned in the program
- Spice Plantation tour in Thekkady with English special guide
- Boat Ride at Periyar lake in Thekkady
- Excursing to Kanyakumari with English speaking guide
- Water bottles during tours
- Air-conditioned transportation
- All entrance and sightseeing fees as mentioned in the program
- Local English speaking guides in India
- 24/7 customer service and your own Dedicated Support
How to book & payments
Deposit & Payments
- Secure your package with a deposit of $500 per person.
- Pay a 2nd instalment of $1,500 per person within 30 days.
- You will then be invoiced for final payment 90 days prior to departure.
Step 1: Customer selects one of our ready-made tour packages along with your preferred travel date based on the availability calendar.
Noted: In case you request a free quote for your planned vacation, simply fill in this Customize Request Form: https://www.asiavacationgroup.com.au/customize/
Step 2: Complete the Booking Form
Step 3: One of our Reservation team will contact you within 12 hours to confirm your booking request.
Please note that customers must book at least 90 days prior to departure to ensure your desired travel date and time.
How to extend your stay.
If you wish to do so, please follow these steps:
- Follow the “Book Now” prompts, until you reach the “Anything else we need to know?” field
- Here, please specify your preferred flight arrangements and if you require additional accommodation, with the number of nights needed.
- After finalising your purchase and submitting your booking form, a member of our Reservation team will be in contact with you via email to verify your request.
The additional cost for these land arrangements will be added to your final payment invoice, due 90 days prior to departure, and is strictly subject to availability.
A friendly reminder that tipping is not included in your package. Tipping is not compulsory on your trip, but they can make a big difference to locals employed in the tourism industry. If you feel that your guide and driver have done an impeccable job, you can choose to give a gratuity, but this is entirely your decision.
For the services of your guide, it is suggested that you budget for AUD$10-20 per person, per day. Tipping of your driver is also appreciated and we would suggest AUD$5 per person, per day.
As this particular tour does not collect a ‘kitty’, it is entirely up to the individual whether or not you would like to tip locals for the services of things like taxis or when dining at restaurants. In these cases, we suggest you allow 10-20% of the value of the service as a tip. Again, it is not compulsory and entirely up to the individual.
The accommodation listed is subject to change. Any changes will be of an equal or higher standard. Bedding configurations (double or twin) are requests only. All efforts will be made to meet your preferences however any changes are beyond our control.
Single supplement is $630 per person in addition to the twin share price.
Paired Solo Traveller
Upon your request except for cruises
Travel insurance is required to protect yourself against the unexpected.
We have partnered with SureSave to offer you competitive rates for your travel insurance. You can book comprehensive or budget cover simply to arrange your policy.
Visa & Passport information
It is the traveler’s responsibility to ensure they have a valid passport. The passport must be valid for a minimum of six months from your intended date of return.
An e-visa is required for entry into India. You will be able to obtain your E-visa when you have your tour documents indicating your date of entry into India, approximately 30 days prior to departure.
Please note, the ETA is limited to 60 days’ validity from the date of arrival.
You can visit https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/Registration to purchase your visa online. The cost is US$80 per person. We can assist you over the phone as best as possible, however cannot submit the application on your behalf.
Please note that the information provided is subject to change at any time. For the most up-to-date information, we recommend visiting https://smartraveller.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx.
Final documentation, including e-tickets and hotel details, will be provided approximately 30 days prior to travel.
Children must be 2 years old or over and share a room with parents at all times. Children are the same price as adults.
The total length of the tour in days includes time spent in flight and is subject to change depending on the flight schedule, please refer to the day by day itinerary for the time spent on land.
- Meals and drinks are not mentioned in the program
- Visa fee
- Tipping for driver and tour guide (not mandatory) & personal expenses
- Travel insurance (we strongly recommend you hold a valid travel insurance policy for all domestic and overseas travel)
- Trip delay or interruption by airline schedule change
- Extra cost or missing tour caused by flight delay or cancel
- Any service not clearly mentioned in the program
- Surcharge of $300 for departures from Adelaide & Brisbane & and $350 for departures from Perth.
- Surcharge: $800 for departures in January/February, $400 for departures in April/July and $200 for departures in September.
DepartReturnNo. Of PassengerPrice