- Trip Outline
- Fine Prints
Seoul – Osaka– Nara – Kyoto – Yamahanashi – Mt Fuji – Tokyo
- Experience Gyeongbokgung Palace – the heart and center of the Joseon Dynasty
- Explore the National Folk Museum of Korea – displays the culture and folk history of the Korean people from prehistoric times to the end of the Joseon Dynasty.
- Visit Changdeokgung Palace – designated by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site
- Visit Namdaemun Market – Seoul biggest traditional market with over 10,000 vendors and 600 years of history.
- Osaka has a reputation for its blend of modern and old-world architecture, its thriving nightlife scene and its economic clout.
- Take up the option to add on the Hiroshima and Himeji tour extension, or dive straight into your discovery of Osaka by taking in sights such as Todaiji temple and Nara Park.
- Head out into the Japanese countryside towards Mount Fuji and Ashinoko Lake.
Australia – SeoulPack your bags and head to the airport to catch a flight from Australia to Seoul. After arrivedatIncheonInternationalAirport, you will move to a hotel in Seoul. Once you have done with the Check-in procedure, the rest of the day is at leisure. Please note: Some flights might depart the night prior. Meals: In-flight meal
Seoul City tourAfter Breakfast, gather together with English Speaking Guide at the Hotel Lobby. Then, head off to Gyeongbokgung Palace – the heart and center of the Joseon Dynasty. It was built by King Taejo, the first king and the founder of the Joseon Dynasty at the heart of newly appointed capital of Seoul (then known as Hanyang) and represented the sovereignty of the Joseon Dynasty. Moving on to the next destination, National Folk Museum located on the grounds of Gyeongbokgung Palace and is well known for its beautiful architecture. You then continue to visit Changdeokgung Palace. Designated by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site, Changdeokgung Palace is a prime example of pungsu, a style derived from principles of Confucianism that harmoniously blend with the surrounding landscape. Next stop, this tour takes you around the area of Insadong, a quaint neighborhood in the center of Seoul that transports visitors back to a time when women wore hanbok and men rode horses. To end the day, visit Namdaemun Market – Seoul biggest traditional market with over 10,000 vendors and 600 years of history. Then, the marketplace grew to feature commercial trade of food and various goods. A colorful history including Japanese occupation, fires and renovations followed. Return from the Market and the rest of day is atleisure. Meals: Breakfast
Seoul – OsakaAfter Breakfast,Met by English Speaking Guide at HotelLobby. Move to Incheon International Airport for the flight to Osaka. Arrive at Osaka’s Kansai International Airport (KIX) and meet a tour representative for the transfer to the hotel. Meals: Breakfast
Osaka – Nara – KyotoThe first stop on your Golden Route tour of Japan is Todaiji temple in Nara. The temple houses a huge, 15-metre tall bronze statue of Buddha and the gate leading to the temple is flanked by two Nio guardians. The group walks through Nara Park afterwards. The park is one of the oldest in Japan and is most famous for its 1200-strong herd of free-roaming deer. Feeding the deer with ‘deer biscuits’ has become a popular draw for travellers. The tour then travels to Kyoto to see the UNESCO World Heritage Site-listed Kinkaku-ji, also known as the Golden Pavilion. Meals: Breakfast
Kyoto – YamahanashiVisit the city’s Nijo Castle, which was once the Kyoto residence of the Tokugawa Shogunate. Then make for Togetsu-kyo Bridge. This wooden bridge links the banks of the Katsura River and is a great vantage point for admiring Arashiyama Mountains. In the afternoon, head to the rail station to board one of Japan’s most famous technological innovations: the Shinkansen bullet train. Arrive Yamahanashi and you will transfer to hotel for check-in. Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Yamahanashi – Mt Fuji – TokyoThe group makes its way towards the serene Mount Fuji area near Ashinoko Lake. This lake was formed following a volcanic eruption 3000 years ago and now, along with the mountain in the background, makes one of Japan’s most spectacular and recognisable scenes. There is a visit to Oishi Park and Mount Fuji 5th Station. The latter offers an incredible sweeping outlook over the Fuji Five Lakes area below. Travel to Tokyo in the afternoon. Meals: Breakfast Meals: Breakfast
TokyoJapan’s capital is as diverse as it is exciting and thrilling. It is a city where old traditions collide with modern technology. Your discovery of Tokyo begins at Hama-rikyu, a meticulously landscaped garden located in the heart of the city. Wander along the banks of the seawater ponds or visit the island-perched teahouse. Embark on a scenic cruise along the Sumida River and then mosey through the Asakusa Kannon temple (also known as Sensoji), one of the most colourful in Tokyo. Swap shrines for shopping by looking for souvenirs and keepsakes at Nakamise Shopping Street. The last stop of the day is the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building Observation Decks in Shinjuju to take in panoramic city views. Meals: Breakfast
Tokyo – Depart to AustraliaA transfer will take you to the airport at the appropriate time for your return flight to Australia. Meals: Breakfast
Home ArrivalAt the appropriate time, please make your own way to the airport ready for your flight home to Australia. Meals: In-flight meals
- Return International flights from Australia
- Accommodation and breakfast in the category chosen or similar (subject to availability)
- Meals as mentioned in the program
- All local boat rentals as mentioned in the program
- Water bottles during tours
- Air-conditioned transportation
- All entrance and sightseeing fees as mentioned in the program
- English speaking guides in Korea
- 24/7 customer service and your own Dedicated Support
HOW TO BOOK & PAYMENTS
Deposit & Payments
- Secure your package with a deposit of $500 per person.
- Pay a 2ndinstalment of $2,500per person within 30 days.
- You will then be invoiced for final payment 90 days prior to departure.
Step 1: Customer selects one of our ready-made tour packages along with your preferred travel date based on the availability calendar.
Noted: In case you request a free quote for your planned vacation, simply fill in this Customize Request
Step 2: Complete the Booking Form
Step 3: One of our Reservation team will contact you within 12 hours to confirm your booking request.
Please note that customers must book at least 90 days prior to departure to ensure your desired travel date and time.
- Meals and drinks are not mentioned in the program
- Visa fee
- Tipping for driver and tour guide (not mandatory) & personal expenses
- Travel insurance (we strongly recommend you hold a valid travel insurance policy for all domestic and overseas travel)
- Trip delay or interruption by airline schedule change
- Extra cost or missing tour caused by flight delay or cancel
- Any service not clearly mentioned in the program
How to extend your stay
Some customers like to enhance their holiday by extending their stay before/behind and/or post-tour. $200per person is applied for trip extension or early arrivals.
If you wish to do so, please follow these steps:
- Follow the “Book Now” prompts, until you reach the “Special Requests” field
- Here, please specify your preferred flight arrangements and if you require additional accommodation, with the number of nights needed.
- After finalising your purchase and submitting your booking form, a member of our Reservation team will be in contact with you via email to verify your request.
The additional cost for these land arrangements will be added to your final payment invoice, due 90 days prior to departure, and is strictly subject to availability.
A friendly reminder that tipping is not included in your package. Tipping is not compulsory on your trip, but they can make a big difference to locals employed in the tourism industry. If you feel that your guide and driver have done an impeccable job, you can choose to give a gratuity, but this is entirely your decision.
For the services of your guide, it is suggested that you budget for AUD$10-20 per person, per day. Tipping of your driver is also appreciated and we would suggest AUD$5 per person, per day.
As this particular tour does not collect a ‘kitty’, it is entirely up to the individual whether or not you would like to tip locals for the services of things like taxis or when dining at restaurants. In these cases, we suggest you allow 10-20% of the value of the service as a tip. Again, it is not compulsory and entirely up to the individual.
The accommodation listed is subject to change. Any changes will be of an equal or higher standard. Bedding configurations (double or twin) are requests only. All efforts will be made to meet your preferences however any changes are beyond our control.
Single supplement is $698per person in addition to the twin share price.
Paired Solo Traveller
Upon your request except for cruises
Travel insurance is required to protect yourself against the unexpected.
We have partnered with SureSave to offer you competitive rates for your travel insurance. You can book comprehensive or budget cover simply to arrange your policy.
Visa & Passport information
It is the traveller’s responsibility to ensure they have a valid passport. The passport must be valid for a minimum of six months from the intended date of return and must have more than 2 blank pages.
You can get a visa-on-arrival to visit South Korea for up to 90 days. For longer visits, you’ll need a visa.
If you’re visiting for less than 90 days as a tourist, for a business trip or conference, or to visit friends and family, you don’t need a visa to Japan. To qualify, you need to show evidence of sufficient funds and an onward/return ticket or confirmed accommodation arrangements.
Please note that these details are subject to change without notice. We recommend visiting https://smartraveller.gov.au for up to date information in terms of entry requirements.
Final documentation, including e-tickets and hotel details, will be provided approximately 30 days prior to travel.
15- 40 people
Children must be 2 years old or over and share a room with parents at all times. Children are the same price as adults.
The total length of the tour in days includes time spent in flight and is subject to change depending on the flight schedule, please refer to the day by day itinerary for the time spent on land.
- Surcharge of $300 for departures from Adelaide & Brisbane & and $350 for departures from Perth.
- Surcharge: $800 for departures in January/February, $400 for departures in April/July and $200 for departures in September.
- Autumn leaves Surcharge:$100/person – Travel period: October
Cherry Blossom Surcharge:$300/person– Travel period: 20 March – 5 April
DepartReturnNo. Of PassengerPrice